ANTI-BULLYING COMMISSION - CALL FOR EVIDENCE
Cheshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner is bringing together a team of community representatives to look into the issue of bullying which he describes as “an epidemic among all generations in our society”.
As part of this review, David Keane has opened a call-for-evidence to give victims of bullying and those with experiences of bullying the opportunity to tell their story.
If you’d like to tell us about your experiences of bullying, please fill out this short survey.
The Commissioner and his team will also be holding community engagement sessions across Cheshire to capture people’s experiences both on and off camera. Some of the footage captured will be used in a documentary centred on giving a realistic portrayal of the effects of bullying on our communities.
The Call for Evidence will travel to locations across the county between August and November 2019. Scheduled events are listed below, please keep checking the website for the latest events.
- Tuesday 13 August – Warrington VPX, Victoria Park, Warrington, 11am-4pm
- Wednesday 14 August – Crewe Party in the Park, Pebblebrook Park, Crewe – 10am-4pm
- Thursday 15 August – Widnes VPX, Victoria Park, Widnes, 10am-4pm
- Thursday 22 August – Widnes Library, Victoria Square, Widnes, 10.30am-2.30pm
- Friday 23 August - Cheshire Independent Living Awareness Day, Moss Farm, Northwich, 11am-3.30pm
- Thursday 29 August – Sandbach Market, High Street, Sandbach, 9am-4pm
- Thursday 5 September - Ellesmere Port Sports Village, Stanney Lane, Ellesmere Port, 10am-1pm
- Thursday 19 September - Gadbrook Business Park, Northwich, 12pm-3pm
- Friday 20 September - Runcorn Knife Crime Event, Runcorn Shopping City, 5.30pm-7.30pm
- Sunday 22 September - Chester Pride, Castle Square, 12pm-7pm
- Thursday 3 October - Storyhouse, Hunter Street, Chester, 10am-2pm
Please note, the Cheshire Anti-Bullying Commission will also be visiting schools, colleges and universities across Cheshire.
If you would like to tell your story on film but aren't available to attend any of the above sessions, please email your details to [email protected] and one of the team will be back in touch with you.